Wednesday, January 8, 2014

2014 Goals

The first one should be blogging more, can I get a what what. 😉

Seriously though, I needed to start this year off with a list of things I could focus on this year, worthwhile things, a checklist of sorts. After a busy end to 2013, including a trip overseas, illness, holiday travels and celebrations, and realizing I spend way too much time watching TV and playing games on my iPad, I felt compelled to put my time in 2014 to better use by concentrating on the following:

✏️Drink more water.
               You think that would be easy, but I rarely get enough water in a day.

✏️Read at least 25 new books.
               I used to read like it was going out of style. I need to get back to that.

✏️Take some time to pamper me.
               Skin care, kept nails, learn new makeup tips, update my wardrobe, healthy and consistent diet and exercise, floss, etc.

✏️Try something new.
               This is meant to be a mindset as much as a single event. I don't want fear to hold me back. Faith in God and fear of man/circumstances can't coexist.

✏️Read the Bible chronologically.
               I've never done this before. Looking forward to reading through the One Year Chronological Bible.

✏️Memorize at least 12 verses or passages of Scripture.
               A spiritual discipline I need to improve at.

✏️Finish at least 1 craft project and 1 house project.
               A big craft project, like the t-shirt quilt I've been planning to make for a year, or paint more canvases, etc. Our house is one giant project, but I'm going to try to get at least one solid project completed, like painting the den, or refinishing the kitchen walls.

✏️Learn and memorize at least 2 new piano pieces.
               I've been horribly lax at this since college.

✏️Learn basic German.
               Something I've half started and been wanting to do forever.

So there they are! The plan is to update the blog with progress of each goal throughout the year and hopefully by this time next year, they'll all be accomplished! Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. I wanted to read the Bible chronologically, too! I got all the way to Revelation in 2012 and just stopped. The stopping part was stupid, but I'm going to try again soon.

    ReplyDelete