Friday, September 14, 2012

Childlike Faith

Yesterday afternoon during six year old G's lesson, we heard the siren of an emergency vehicle pass by on the road outside. We paused for a moment and before we started back into learning a new song, G looked up at me and asked, "Can we pray? I always pray when I hear a siren." Touched by his heartfelt compassion, I invited him to lead us in prayer. He bowed his little blonde head and prayed, "Dear God, if that was an ambulance, please help the person inside who is sick. If that was a fire engine, please help the firemen who are rushing to help the people in need. And thank you for the policemen who catch the robbers. Amen."

In this brief moment of an everyday lesson, I was challenged and encouraged by the clear picture of G's childlike faith in his Father God. It reminded me that I always need to come to my Father no matter what the situation, no matter where I am, trusting that He hears and will answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment